(NEW: since ISOLDE 1.0b3, regular development builds are now available. To get them, just install the latest ChimeraX daily build and install ISOLDE as per below.)
ISOLDE is designed as a plugin to UCSF ChimeraX, and should be installed via their internal package management framework. To obtain it, follow the instructions below.
NOTE FOR UBUNTU USERS: due to differences in compiler versions, ISOLDE will not work with the Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 ChimeraX .deb packages. You will need to use the "Generic Linux 64-bit" ChimeraX tarball.
- Go to http://preview.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimerax/download.html#release and download the 0.9 release for your operating system (for ISOLDE 1.0b3), or the latest daily build (for the latest ISOLDE dev version). (Important note: ISOLDE 1.0b3 will not work with later ChimeraX daily builds)
- Install and run ChimeraX
- Go to Tools/More Tools... in the ChimeraX menu (Important note for ChimeraX 0.9 release: due to a bug in the ToolShed's version control, you will need to install Clipper for yourself first. Just follow steps 4-5 replacing "ISOLDE" with "Clipper".)
- Find the ISOLDE link in the browser window that opens
- Click the big blue "Install" button on the right hand side, and wait for it to download/install. When complete, you will see a message in the ChimeraX log window.
- ISOLDE should now appear in the menu under Tools/General/ISOLDE